On Sunday, January 22, at an officially called meeting, the congregation unanimously approved the 2017 budget, developed by the Ministry of Stewardship, Finance & Administration and and forwarded for approval from the Council to the congregation.
Budget highlights include:
• About $100,000 in increased pledges
• Cost of living increases for all staff
• Additional increases for key clergy staff
• Full-year videographer services
• 20% more programming, including: further development of “Reclaim,” healthier options in the “Cafe,” improved signage, church advertising and camp scholarships!
The budget does include income items that will be covered by fire insurance (e.g., sanctuary rental, thrift shop) but does not include unforeseen fire-related expenses, also to be covered by insurance (e.g., Beth El rental).